Personal Information Collection
To ensure the optimal user experience, when you access DetourGuy for the first time, we ask for your permission to access and collect your personal information in order to create a user account and to consume the full features of DetourGuy.
Below are the details on what information we may collect from you, how we may use your information and what features are supported by that information. Please note that it is possible to manually override some of these features from your mobile device in relation to our mobile application. You can check the settings of your mobile device for more information. However, doing so may prevent the mobile application from functioning as intended.
We may access and collect the following information through DetourGuy –
1. Identity: Connecting your social media account (such as Facebook) with DetourGuy allows you to register for DetourGuy using your social media account and will provide us with information concerning your identity as recorded in your account details on these platforms. Otherwise, you can register by providing your name/screen name, email address, and password through the form in DetourGuy.
2. Contact List/Address Book: By giving us access to your phone book, email and instant messaging (such as WhatsApp) contacts, you can conveniently share with friends your favorite attractions and itineraries.
3. Location/Activity/Browsing History: We obtain information about your current location, past and planned activities, and actions within DetourGuy to suggest nearby attractions and provide you with location-sensitive content.
4. Phone: Giving us access to your phone allows you to conveniently contact the listed attractions by directly clicking on their phone numbers, emails, and web addresses on DetourGuy.
5. Photos/Videos/Media Files: Giving us access to your device-stored photos, videos, and media files allows you to upload them to DetourGuy and further share with friends.
6. Camera/Microphone: Giving us access to your camera and microphone allows you to take photos and videos and upload them to DetourGuy.
The above information may also be used for purposes such as –
1. Verifying your identity and assisting you if you forget your password or fail to login.
2. Enabling user registration, which then allows your created itineraries, saved attractions, travel logs, and DetourReward points to be saved and displayed.
3. Gauging the collective preference of groups of users or partners.
4. Customizing marketing content that you and your friends receive and share.
5. Sharing time-sensitive content such as events and limited offers.
If you opt to register with us, all the information collected by DetourGuy will be stored in third-party cloud-based servers. You acknowledge that this will necessarily require your information to be transferred and processed outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and consent to such transfer and processing. This storage is necessary in order for us to perform the features of DetourGuy and enable you to add, edit, delete, and share the information.
Should you wish to delete your account and have all your content and personal data removed from our database, you can do so by emailing us at email@example.com.
With the use of such cookies and SDK, DetourGuy delivers content specific to your interests and collects general and aggregated statistics about device types, site visits, app downloads and click-tracking behaviors, etc. Such statistics are used for monitoring and improving DetourGuy’s performance.
DetourGuy Limited will take reasonable steps to ensure that all information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete, up-to-date, and stored in a secure environment accessed only by authorized persons.
However, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We will use our best efforts to protect your personal information, but we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted via DetourGuy, and any transmission is at your own risk. We give no warranty against third parties hacking into the data, or any unauthorized access to the data by anyone.
Third-Party Access to Information
We do not sell or lease any personal information where your identity can be identified. We may disclose your personal information to third parties –
1. Who help us run DetourGuy, solely for the purposes of running and improving DetourGuy. These third parties might for example include hosting service providers.
2. At the aggregate level and on anonymous basis, to inform our strategy and to help our industry and business partners make better contributions to DetourGuy.
3. If we, or part(s) of DetourGuy, are involved in any form of corporate restructuring under which our assets are transferred to an acquiring entity or integrated with other products/services, in which case personal data held by us will be one of the transferred/integrated assets.
4. If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply any legal agreement between you and us.
DetourGuy may contain hyperlinks to other digital media, including but not limited to websites and mobile apps, that are not owned by DetourGuy Limited. We are not responsible for the content of those media, or for the manner in which those media collect, hold, use, and distribute any personal information you provide. When visiting a third-party media from hyperlinks on DetourGuy, we encourage you to review their privacy statements so that you can understand how your personal information will be collected, held, used and distributed.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unit 12, 12/F, Wayson Commercial Building
28 Connaught Road West, Sheung Wan
Last Updated: August 2016